Wednesday, October 4, 2017

General Conference

Hi everybody!

This week was a blur! I´ve had a bit of a cold, so I had that weird head in the clouds kind of feeling for two or three days...haha but it´s all good! It was still a great week.

Well, transfers happened! I know that´s a little bit anticlimatic since I already had my new companion last week, but I´m really excited for this transfer. At the beginning of every transfer there´s just a kind of new energy in the air and it´s really exciting!

We got a HUGE group of new missionaries in on Tuesday! They seem super awesome. It´s always fun to see their scared yet excited faces when they come in. I´m pretty jealous of them! I´m sure they´ll do a great job.

We also had a new leaders´ meeting on Friday which was cool. President Goodman´s son came down to visit and he gave a brief message during the meeting. It was cool to hear the perspective of someone who´d been home from his mission for a few years and hear the important things that really stuck with him.

General Conference was great, as always. I hope you all enjoyed it!

One cool thing that happened this week! My companion and I went to visit the elder´s quorum president and his family in our ward. My last companion had told me that he wasn´t very nice and was kind of hard to get along with, so we didn´t have much of a relationship with him. But we visited him anyway! It was a little uncomfortable at first because we felt like they didn´t really want us there. They said missionaries hadn´t visited them in years! But we sang a hymn and said a prayer with them and shared a quick message. We then did a little activity with them called the Family Mission Plan (a little activity to help members get involved in missionary work). After all that, the Spirit really could be felt and they started to open up a bit. We even joked and laughed a little bit, and then they even gave us something to eat and drink! The elder´s quorum president also said he would go visit some people and this week we´re going to see which ones we can go visit with him. It was super cool to be able to gain their trust when they hadn´t had any relationship with missionaries for so long! Member missionary work is the best!

Good week! I love you all!

-Elder Thomas




No comments:

Post a Comment