Monday, June 26, 2017

Carmen's Baptism

Hi everyone!

This week was super great! SO many miracles happened!

To start off, the highlight of the week was probably Carmen´s baptism. It was probably the most organized and spiritual baptism I´ve seen in my whole mission! Since she´d been going to church so long, a lot of people knew her and came to support her. Jorge Valdez, the member who had taught her with us, asked me to sing I Know that My Redeemer Lives with him as a special musical number! He´s a super good singer, so we sounded pretty good. ;) Sorry Mom, my companion recorded it on his voice recorder, but he doesn´t have a cable we can use to send it. Haha!

So that was great! Another miracle...Estuardo and Johnny accepted baptismal dates! They are going to be baptized this Sunday evening. They´re super awesome, and we know they´re going to be great members! Estuardo even went to youth conference on Saturday, so he´s already developing a great relationship with the members. We´re way excited for them!

The zone is also doing really well! We already have several baptismal dates set for the next couple of weeks, and we also had 47 investigators in church as a zone yesterday. So we´re really excited about that! It looks like July is going to be full of baptisms for Zona Coatepeque!

Well, that´s about all I´ve got for this week! We´re hoping to have a super awesome week this week, given that it´ll be my companion's last full week in the mission. But we´ll spend his last weekend with a baptism, so we´re pretty happy about that! By next Monday I will most likely know who my new companion is going to be, so I´ll give you all that news next week!

I love you all!

-Elder Thomas

Carmen and us :)

Carmen with friends and family

These are pictures of a white board we have in our house to keep track of the work. I just wanted to send these pictures because this is the first time I´ve met a monthly baptismal goal in my mission! Haha so that´s pretty neat.



PS from mom: After inquiring about the earthquake (s) this is what Dylan had to say: Haha I figured you wouldn´t enjoy hearing about the earthquake...but it really wasn´t that bad! I was half asleep through pretty much the whole thing, so I wasn´t too scared. There was another 6.8 this week, but the epicenter was further away this time, so we didn´t feel it as much as the last one. So don´t worry, I´m in good hands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment