Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Only the Savior can make us perfect

Hello family and friends!

Another great week here in El Rodeo. We were blessed to see three baptisms this Saturday! The three that were supposed to happen last week that didn´t happened this past Saturday. Aracely, Adriela, and Rudy. Their baptism was super great! Woohoo!

I got to do three different exchanges this week as well! I loved it. I love doing exchanges, because they give me a chance to teach other missionaries what I´ve learned, and also learn from them! All three were a lot of fun. There are some awesome missionaries in my district and zone!

I´m sorry this is a really short email! It was a really good week, I just don´t have all that many specific things to talk about! But I will share a scripture I read this week that I really like.

"These are they who are just men made perfect through Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, who wrought out this perfect atonement through the shedding of his own blood." Doctrine and Covenants 76:69

The part that I put in italics and bold is a part that really hit home for me. If any of you are a bit perfectionistic like me, maybe you get frustrated every once in a while because you don´t live up to your high expectations for yourself. But as this verse describes those who will enter the the celestial kingdom, it does not describe them as those who have become perfect through their own efforts. It describes them as those who were just (meaning those who strived to be righteous and repented of their sins and continued trying when they fell) who are made perfect through Jesus Christ. We can be "just" by our own efforts, but perfection comes only through the Savior. We must trust in Him, not in ourselves. That way we will find joy and happiness!

I love you all! Have a good week!

-Elder Thomas






No comments:

Post a Comment