Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Back to the start. Zone leader.

Hey everyone!

This week has been great! I´ve been showing my companion around the area, and we´ve found a few new investigators that are rather positive. We also were able to participate in the baptism of Pablo and Efrain! It was SO great. Let me tell you about a miracle that occurred with Efrain!

I don´t know how much I´ve talked about Efrain in my emails, but he´s an investigator we´ve been working with since I got to the area. He had a LOT of problems, and so it took him a bit more time than usual to prepare to be baptized. But this week he passed his baptismal interview, and was found worthy to be baptized Saturday! However, shortly before the baptism was going to start, we received a call from his wife telling us that they had had a little fight and that Efrian had left the house, saying that he wasn´t going to be baptized that day after all. Our zone leaders were with us, so one of them went with me to search for him. We came out sprinting in the pouring rain to find a taxi, and while we were in the taxi heading toward where he lived I said a silent prayer asking God to provide the miracle that this man could be baptized that day. We ran all over the aldea he lives in, searching everywhere and asking people but no one knew where he was. Finally we found him in one of his friend´s houses, and after talking to him briefly he decided to be baptized that day after all. We said a prayer with him and his family to relax the tension a bit, and then we went and had a great baptismal service! It was quite a miracle.

So that was great! The wives of Pablo and Efrain are both already baptized, so it was great to see the family a bit more complete. Photos attached! :)

The other big news...I have transfers! Elder Torres will be staying here in El Rodeo as district leader, and I am going to be a zone leader in Coatepeque. My area is called Jardín. I´m going back to the zone I began my mission in! So that´s pretty awesome. My companion will be Elder Martineau. I´ve talked to him a few times and he seems like a good missionary, so I´m pretty excited. My time here in El Rodeo was short-lived, but I´m glad that I´m leaving it in good hands!

I love you all! Have a great week!

-Elder Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment