Monday, March 27, 2017

Changes!

Hi everyone!

We had a great week this week! We´ve been doing a lot of work with the Easter Program that I mentioned a while back, which will be starting here in a couple weeks. It will be called "El Príncipe de Paz", going along with the Easter iniciative the Church has released. We did a rehearsal for it and it went super well! I´m so excited for it!

Although we did not have much time in our area this week, the Lord made up on Sunday for the work we could not do during the week. We found two families who committed to go to general conference! Both are very awesome and interested, and I know they will progress very fast.

We also saw a miracle with Francisco, the brother of an inactive man I mentioned last week. When we went with him the second time, he told us that the woman with whom he was living had left him and returned to the capital with his son. He told us that and some of the trials that he has gone through in his life. We feel very sorry for him because he has had some difficult challenges. But after telling us all that, he said something like this: "Well, at least one good thing came from all that. I am sure that I want to be baptized on the date you proposed to me." We could not contain our excitement! We hadn´t even begun a lesson, and he was already telling us that he wanted to be baptized. We're so excited, and we know he's going to be a great convert. He will be baptized next week.

Some more big news! In about two weeks, my time as the financial secretary of the mission will come to a close. Tomorrow Elder Pedersen, my replacement, will arrive and we will be in trio until the end of this transfer while I train him. So I will be leaving this transfer! I still have no idea where or anything, but I´m really excited for it wherever it may be!

I am very grateful for the opportunity I´ve had to be the financial secretary. I´ve learned a lot, and it has also humbled me a lot. The truth is that when this calling was extended to me, I wasn´t all that excited to accept it. It was not what I expected. But I learned a very important lesson; we need to serve where and when the Lord needs us. If upon leaving Tejutla the Lord would have called me as a leader or something, I would have done everything I could to be the best leader I could be. But I learned that I must do the same with whatever calling God gives me. If the Lord calls me to be a financial secretary, I have to be the best financial secretary I can be. I plan to do so with whatever callings the Lord extends to me in the future, whatever they may be. I am so grateful for having learned that lesson.

I love you all!

-Elder Thomas

P.S. Pictures! We decided to get matching ties made for the office elders and President Goodman! So here are a couple pictures of that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment