Monday, February 20, 2017

Multi Mission Conference with Elder Rasband

Hi everyone!

This week was AWESOME!

Well, more than anything, this Saturday was awesome. We had our multi-mission conference with Elder Rasband and a few other general authorities! It was SO awesome! We got to shake all of their hands and everything. :) Haha it was so great! I felt the Spirit so strong, and I feel the desire stronger than ever to go out and share the gospel with everyone I know! I can´t even describe how awesome it was. Elder Rasband told us that the last time an apostle visited Guatemala was when the Quetzaltenango temple was dedicated in 2011, so it´s been quite a while! I feel so privileged to be part of such an awesome event.

So that was obviously the highlight of the week! We had that conference on Saturday, and then on Sunday we had a special stake conference to which Elder Christensen of the Presidency of the Seventy attended. So that was awesome as well!

To be honest, we don´t have all that big of a pool of people we´re teaching in our area as of right now. Unfortunately, one of our investigators (Dinet) who we felt was very positive told us she isn´t really interested in attending church in this moment in her life. So that was pretty sad. But I know that if we work hard and have faith that God will guide us to the people who are prepared to receive the Gospel!

In this conference we had on Saturday, I felt such a strong desire to improve as a missionary and take the Gospel to more people. I´ve always wanted to be a good missionary, but I feel that the desire I had to share the Gospel when I started my mission has diminished a bit now that I have quite a bit of time here. A lot of the things I do (tracting, teaching, etc.) have become rather routine, but the desire to serve that comes from love for God and His children wasn´t entirely with me. But I was strengthened greatly by the words of Elder Rasband and the other general authorities, and I´m starting to feel the same kind of desire I had at the start of my mission. I feel way motivated, and I´m so excited to meet the people that God has prepared for us to teach!

I love you all!

-Elder Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment