Monday, December 12, 2016

Christmas is almost here!

Hey everybody!

This week has been great! We´ve been busy in the office, but we´ve also seen many miracles in our area.

Last week, while I was in my last week in San Sebastian, apparently a teenager named Cristian had showed up to church with his friends. The missionaries hadn´t even met him yet, but he said he wanted to be baptized! Apparently he went to the temple with his friends, and he thought it was so amazing that he wanted to go in! He was then told he couldn´t because he wasn´t baptized, to which he responded something along the lines of, "What do I have to do to be baptized?". We visited him on Saturday, and he accepted a baptismal date for December 24th! I can´t think of a better way to spend Christmas Eve. :) His mom Carmen also went to church this Sunday and has desires to be baptized, but it might take a bit longer for her due to some personal problems she has. But I´m certain she will be baptized as well!

I also had a great experience on Wednesday going to Malacatan with Elder Lopez. I was able to go with Elder Davis and Elder Alfaro to San Rafael, where we taught an extremely humble family that they had brought to church on Sunday. This family had almost nothing! There were about five or six of them, and they all slept in a tiny little shack with a dirt floor on three small beds that they had pushed together. We taught the lesson seated on one of their wooden beds. Although they didn´t have much, I could feel such a strong spirit emanating from them. They were so humble, and willing to do whatever it was God asked of them. They even accepted a baptismal date in the lesson! I was so happy for the opportunity to get to know and teach this humble family, although it wasn´t in my area.

That´s all for this week! I love you all, I hope you have a great week!

-Elder Thomas

P.S. I hope you enjoy my Christmas decorations! I even have some presents waiting for me for Christmas morning. ;) Thanks Mom!





The pictures below were sent to me by the lady who delivered Dylan's Christmas package. The elders had to help unload the crazy amount of stuff people collected and sent to the Reu missionaries this year!







No comments:

Post a Comment