Monday, November 28, 2016

I will never be perfect in this life

Hey everyone!

I feel like more and more in the mission I´m realizing how much time just flies by. I already have an entire transfer here in the office, and thirteen months in the mission! It´s so crazy.

Anyway, I don´t like to think about that! So this week has been pretty good! I´ve learned a lot, and we´ve had some success in our area despite the limited time we have to work there. We found one awesome new investigator named José. He´s sixteen, and he´s been to church and talked with missionaries before, and he loved it, but for some reason he was never baptized! We´re still not exactly sure why, but he went to church yesterday and I think he quite enjoyed it. He´s very smart and understands and accepts all that we teach him, so I´m sure it won´t be long before we see him in white!

Transfer week is next week! I´m sure I´m staying, but we´re not totally sure what´s going to happen to my companion. But we´ll see! I love being in the office during transfer time because we get to see a little bit of the process that goes into it, and I learn a lot from it.

I learned a very important lesson this week. I often get frustrated with myself for my mistakes and imperfections, worrying that I will never live up to the standard my Heavenly Father has for me. But the important lesson I´ve learned is that that´s somewhat true! In this life, I will never to be able to live perfectly up to God´s standard...alone. That´s why Christ sacrificed for us! Not so those who are perfect and keep the commandments perfectly all the time will be saved, but rather those who are imperfect and weak, like you and me and everyone, can one day be made perfect and completely reconciled with God. Although we will never be perfect in this life, God will bless us as we continue giving it our best shot!

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

-Elder Thomas :)

PS...My mom sent me new shoes, so I decided to do some before and after pics. Haha and a random selfie for you guys.








No comments:

Post a Comment