Monday, October 3, 2016

We Got Contacted!

Hello there friends!

This week was pretty great! Unfortunately, we didn`t find many new people to teach and we also had a hard time seeing our progressing investigators, so I don`t really have any updates as far as our investigators go. But I know we`re going to do a lot better with that this week!

General Conference was so great! I learned SO much. I feel like I learn more and more every time! I think the main thing I learned at this conference that really got hammered in for me was that we each have a divine potential. Although we are full of shortcomings and imperfections, we can all become perfect one day through the Atonement of Christ. I learned so much more than that, but that`s what stuck out to me the most! What did you all learn? I would love to here about it!

One funny story! I did companion exchanges on Wednesday, so I was in another area with Elder Figueroa. We were sitting there studying in the morning when we heard a knock on our door. We went down to see who it was...and to our surprise, there were some missionaries from the Jehovah's Witnesses! Haha they looked very uncomfortable when they saw who answered the door. They shared a short scripture with us, and invited to share a message, which we politefully declined. We closed the door and looked at each other and said, "We just got contacted!" Haha so that was pretty funny.

I love you all! This Church is true, and God loves you! Have a great week!

-Elder Thomas

PS #1 Here is a sweet message I got in my email from Dylan this week.

"I just wanted to let you know that I thought about you a lot during a specific talk of general conference. I can`t remember who gave it, but it was the one who talked about how his mom always read him the Book of Mormon to him during breakfast. He asked her why she did it, angrily, and she told him it was because she didn`t want to lose him. I thought about you and all the times I got upset at you for the things you said and the calls you made and the rules you gave me, all to keep me safe. I know I didn`t appreciate it at the time, but now I realize you did everything you did just because you didn`t want to lose me. I promise you that thanks to everything you did for me, I will never alejarme del camino correcto [deviate from the coorrect path]. Gracias por todo mami [Thank you for everything mom]. I love you! :)"


Dylan had not sent me any pictures the past few weeks. I told him "I miss your face, so send me a picture". Talk about taking things literally :)





No comments:

Post a Comment