Monday, October 10, 2016

The Lady on the Bus

Hey there friends!

Great week! I`m going to start with the biggest miracle we`ve had. A couple of weeks ago, my companion and I were a little frustrated because although we were finding many new investigators, we couldn`t seem to find any families. We decided to say a prayer and make a commitment to our Father in Heaven that we would give out at least three Books of Mormon daily for two weeks if He would guide us toward a family that could be baptized in the month of October.

After making this commitment, we started looking, and we still didn`t find any families for a few days. Although frustrated, we persisted, and one day we felt an impression to visit the Bamaca family, a family that was going to get baptized a couple months ago but couldn`t for some personal issues. But the issues that kept them from being baptized are no longer a problem! So they are going to be baptized this Saturday. WHOO!

Another cool experience! We were on the bus on Thursday headed to a zone meeting, and I felt an impression to talk to the lady seated across from me. For some reason I decided not to follow it, which I felt really bad about afterward. I said a small prayer asking for forgiveness and that that woman would have the opportunity to hear the gospel sometime in the future. As we finished the zone meeting and we got on the bus to head back to our area, to my surprise I sat down right next to THAT SAME LADY. It was crazy. I talked to her for a few minutes, and she was super cool! I gave her a Book of Mormon and she gave us her address and phone number so we can go back and visit with her. We haven`t had time to visit her yet, but I`m sure she`ll be a great investigator!

That`s all for this week! I love you all!

-Elder Thomas



PS. From our email

I did get my package! Thanks, I loved it! And my companion thinks Rice Krispie treats are amazing. Haha I love seeing the faces of Latinos when they taste American treats. It`s pretty similar to the face I think I`ll make as I enter the celestial kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment