Monday, October 31, 2016

Half Way There!

Hey everyone!

Soooo do you all remember that one time yesterday when I got off the plane in Guatemala? Oh wait. THAT WAS AN ENTIRE YEAR AGO. That´s so crazy! But this year has been full of unforgettable experiences, and I´m determined to make the second one even better than the last!

Haha other than hitting my year mark, this week was relatively uneventful. With transfers and a couple of conferences and meetings we had throughout the week, we were stuck in the office getting things ready for that almost every day. But luckily we got just about everything done, so we should have much more time to work in our area this week.

Although we haven´t had time to visit and teach them much, we have several investigators that are super close to accepting a baptismal date! I´m really excited to go out and teach more, and I´m certain we´ll see many miracles this week.

I did have the opportunity to attend a baptism of a nearby area! It was probably one of the most spiritual baptisms I´ve been in my whole mission. It was of an older man named Oscar, who was going to be baptized with his wife, but she passed away just a week before their baptismal date. It was really sad! But many people testified of temples and the opportunity he would have to be with his wife again, and it was extremely powerful. I was so happy for the opportunity I had to be there!

Well, that´s all for this week! I love you all!

-Elder Thomas


PS...From Dylan's email to us:

Our ward is so great! Our bishop is AMAZING! He´s gone to a couple of lessons with us, and he teaches pretty much the whole lesson! Normally the missionaries teach and the members just add a short testimony or something like that, but with him it´s the other way around! Haha it´s pretty awesome. We will definitely see many baptisms, I promise! And I´m a loser and left my camera in my house...but next week I´ll get you pictures of everything! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment