Friday, August 12, 2016

Progress Continues

Hey everybody!

Awesome week this week! The first miracle...we´re going to have baptisms! :D My companion and I went to teach this week a family that had gone to the district conference that we hadn´t been able to contact. We taught them the Restoration, and at the end of the message we challenged them to baptism. When we invited them, the dad said, "I had just been waiting the entire lesson for you to invite me! What do I need to do to get baptized?" We could not hold in our excitement! So that little family of three is preparing for their baptism on August 27th. The only problem is that the parents aren´t married, but luckily the second counselor in the mission presidency lives close and is a lawyer. So we´re planning on getting them married next week, and baptized the next! WOOHOO!

We also had a super fun mutual activity with the youth! We did the iron rod activity, where we blindfolded them and had them follow a rope with the leaders and my companion tempting them to come off the path. When they got to the end, they took off their blindfolds and we had them watch the youth theme video for this year for the first time. Then we memorized the youth theme together! It was so fun, and we had such a good turnout.


We have also been doing mission prep classes as well as temple prep classes for the members. They´ve been super successful, and right now the youth in our branch are super motivated to come to church and share the gospel! Most of the youth are more motivated than their parents, haha. But we´re seeing a lot of progress with them!

That´s all for this week! I love you all!

-Elder Thomas

A little from Dylan's email to us:

Hi Mom!

I´m doing awesome this week! It´s really been a great week, as you can tell from my email. But I´m so glad you´ve got everyone together back home! That´s gotta be so much fun! I love the pictures and videos, thank you so much for sending them. 

God helps us so much with investigators! It´s so awesome. It´s so much better being branch president, because I´m having just as much success without having to put in all the work! Haha so that´s pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment