Monday, August 29, 2016

September Surge

Hey family and friends!

This week was a great week! I would say the highlight of the week was a multi-zone conference we had on Thursday with Elder Alonso of the Seventy. It was AWESOME. We got to have a little question and answer session with him, and he blew my mind with his knowledge of the gospel. I learned so much about the Atonement, and also about many other things that we need to do as missionaries to help our investigators become more fully converted to the gospel.

We are also going to have Book of Mormon month this September! Sister Goodman is calling it the September Surge. Each companionship needs to give out a whole box (36 Books of Mormon) of Books of Mormon this month with our testimonies written in them. We are also going to try to read the entire Book of Mormon in a month! I´m super excited about it, I think it´s going to be way fun.

As far as our investigators go, we´re still searching! We have a few positive references and contacts that lack follow-up, and so I´m sure by next week we´ll have some miracles and progressing investigators.

Probably the most exciting thing about the week! This Sunday President Goodman will be coming to visit our branch to interview two men that could be possible candidates for branch president. Both men are very worthy and capable of the calling, so I´m super excited about it! Let´s just say I have a feeling that my time here as branch president will end sooner than I had originally planned. But I´ll have more news next week!

One other thing...sorry if I don´t have time to respond personally to all of your emails! I do read all of them, and I appreciate the love and support.

I love you all!

-Elder Thomas

Notes  from our email
I love the lessons we can learn from the Book of Mormon. I think my testimony of that book should grow a lot this month due to the September Surge. I´ve got it calculated that I have to read 22 pages a day. I hope I can get it done! I love you so much Mom! And I miss you too. I know I´m not supposed to say that, but you´re my mom, so yeah. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment