Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Trying to be like Jesus

Hey everyone!

This week was pretty good! It had its ups and downs, but overall we´ve had some good experiences and learned a lot!

Let´s start with one of the downs...the Bamaca Family will not be able to get baptized this week...or for a while. Unfortunately, they have some  problems that will prevent them from being baptized right now. But they are still an incredible family, and I´m so grateful that the Lord gave me the opportunity to meet and teach them. I know that although it might take a while, their time to be baptized will come, and I´ll be praying that I´m still here to see it. So keep them in your prayers!

But enough with the downs, let´s talk about the good stuff! We had a fun activity on Saturday with the youth. We were supposed to watch the devotional by Elder Cook for the youth, but unfortunately we were misinformed. It was supposed to be on the Internet, but turns out it was only available through satellite, which we don´t have here. I thought it was going to be a bit of an embarrassment, since we had about twelve youth there (some of which had climbed half a mountain to come to the church) ready to watch the devotional. But it actually turned out super well! We watched a few Mormon messages, and then we bought tortas at a nearby restaurant and just hung out for a bit. The youth here are so fun, and so faithful! Most of them are more faithful than their parents, haha. :) But it turned out to be a fun night!

Lately I´ve been thinking a lot about how I can be a better leader for the branch. I had been studying a lot of the church manuals to learn about how to be a good branch president, but this week I discovered that what helps me even more is studying the life of the Savior. I´ve learned more about being a good leader from reading a few chapters of Matthew than I have from reading an entire manual! The Savior really was the perfect leader and person in every way. I encourage all of you to study and learn about his life, and try to make your life emulate his in every way you can. I promise you will see miracles! :)

I love you all! Have a good week!

-Elder Thomas

Youth Activity Pics



PS from MOM....

I found out through a Facebook parent group that Dylan's new mission president asked all missionaries to drink one can of Coke every day to fight parasites. Dylan never drank Coke or any other caffeinated drinks before his mission. I asked him if he was doing that, or if this was a rule he was going to "overlook". This was his response. 

The can of Coke thing is true, haha. I never disliked Coke, I just never drank it, so that is a rule that I am following. I can assure you that there is not a single rule that I overlook! Every commandment is for our benefit, and I don´t want to lose a single blessing that I could have gotten. :) But that rule is also accompanied by a rule to drink two liters of water a day, which I´m also following. A bit of a healthier rule, haha. I don´t mind drinking Coke, but it´s definitely not a habit that will follow me after the mission. So that´s good!




No comments:

Post a Comment