Monday, May 16, 2016

Trials and Blessings


What´s up everybody!

This week has been a bit tough, but still pretty good! We´ve had some trials and tests within our district and zone, but a lot of successes as well!

So on Tuesday we were eating lunch with a member when my companion got a call from a panicking sister missionary in our district. She told us that someone had broken into their house! So we hurriedly went up to their area to see what happened, and we could see that someone had been trying to get in. They´d broken windows, tried to pick locks, and a bunch of other stuff, but luckily they weren´t actually able to get in and steal anything. But we called the mission president and told him what happened, and he told us that the sisters had to move because the house they were in was no longer safe. So we spent the whole day looking for a new house for them, and the whole next day helping them move into their new house!

An awesome little miracle happened in that process that I´ll tell you about! Since we had to move EVERYTHING from the sisters´ house into their new one, we were calling all of the members we knew to see if someone had a pickup truck to help move the stuff. None of them could help, so we started to move the stuff on foot. But as soon as we started, a woman stopped in a huge super nice truck and asked if we needed help! She helped us move everything, and she didn´t even know who we were! I was so glad that God put someone in our path like that right when we needed it. :)

We´ve been working a lot this week with a young couple that is a part of the big family we found a couple weeks ago. Their names are Carlos and Daniela, and they are fantastic! This week was Family Week in our stake, so each day of the week the ward did an activity in the church. Carlos and Daniela went to almost all of them! They are loving the church so much, they participate more than the members do! Carlos accepted a baptismal date for this Saturday! Daniela is still having some doubts because she was baptized in an Evangelical church when she was younger, and she still doesn´t quite understand why she needs to be baptized again, but we´re going to keep working with her and I´m sure she´s going to accept a baptismal date soon as well!

Well, that´s about all for this week! I just want to share one more experience that really impacted me the other day. We attended a baptism on Saturday that the sisters in our district had, and before it started, I was sitting outside talking to their bishop. Just making conversation, I asked him if he´d served a mission. He told me no because he just got baptized three years ago. And he´s already bishop! He could tell by the look on my face that I was surprised, and he said, "Yeah, I don´t really know why God called me. I don´t know anything! But here I am as bishop!" I just loved that comment so much, because it just testifies to me how God can work through such imperfect people to do such amazing things. So if you ever feel that you´re inadequate, just remember that you are! But with God´s help, you can do anything. :)

Love you all!

-Elder Thomas :)

The Temple, and some guy walking in front :)
Here's a tid bit of Dylan's email to us today.

The rats were a bit noisier this week. I´ve learned that when I wake up at 3:00 in the morning and I see my companion standing in the middle of the room armed with a flashlight and a broom, that means a rat is out. Haha we´ve got to take care of those things, I´m not sure how though!

EEEK!


No comments:

Post a Comment