Monday, April 18, 2016

Scorpions and Songs... Oh My.



Hey everybody!

I hope you´ve all had a great week! To be honest, this week was a little bit boring for me, but that´s alright! My companion had a lot of district leader meetings and stuff this week, and we also had to help the sisters in our district a lot. Obviously we can´t do splits with them, so I spent a lot of time this week just following my companion around while he did district leader stuff. Haha but that´s alright, still a good week!

Unfortunately, Carlos didn´t get baptized on Saturday. :( On Friday night, he had an accident at work where he cut his head open and had to get stitches. On Saturday he said it hurt so bad he couldn´t even lift his head off of his pillow. So unfortunately we had to postpone his baptism. Stupid Satan. :P But that´s alright! He´s already feeling better, so we just postponed it for this Saturday. He should be all ready to go, as long as he doesn´t get himself into any more accidents! 

We also have a nine year-old girl named Daniela that is going to get baptized this Saturday as well! She is the daughter of a less-active that we´ve been working on reactivating, and she´s super cool. She does Tae-Kwon-Do (I think that´s how you spell it), and she´s literally the buffest little girl I´ve ever seen. She could probably beat me up. But anyway, she´s super awesome, and getting baptizedthis Saturday!

So I have good news and bad news about my new apartment. The good news is that I haven´t seen a single giant spider, so that´s a plus! But the bad news is that we do have a little rat friend that runs around our house at night...we´re not really sure what to do about it. We´ve also killed a couple of gnarly scorpions we´ve seen crawling around on the walls...I´ll include a picture of one of those. So that´s kinda fun! New area, new creatures to get to know! LOL.

Another fun thing! I just barely found out this week that my companion can SING! He´s actually really good! So we´ve started to include singing hymns as a regular part of our lessons, and it brings the Spirit so fast. I´m not going to lie, I´ve gotten teary-eyed a couple of times, as well as some of our investigators. So just a suggestion for any other fellow missionaries out there, if you want to bring the Spirit in fast, sing a hymn!

Well, that´s about it for this week! I hope you all have a great week!

-Elder Thomas

Apparently these guys are pretty common around here. Don´t worry, we didn´t make the same mistake that I made with the spider. He was killed immediately after the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment