Monday, February 8, 2016

The Holy Ghost is real!

Sooo this week was pretty surprising!

We had transfers on Wednesday, and I really wasn´t expecting anything major to happen since I´m still in the middle of my training. But my trainer got transferred!!! Apparently President Ruiz thought he was doing really well, so he decided to make him district leader in another area! So that was kind of a shocker. I was a little bummed, because even though we didn´t get along in the beginning, we ended up being really good friends by the end.

So I miss my trainer, but my new companion is pretty cool! His name is Elder Pimentel and he´s from El Salvador. He´s a very hard worker, obedient, and I´m learning a ton from him. It´s pretty weird adjusting to a new companion for the first time, but I´m getting used to him, and I think we´re going to do a lot of great work!

Cool thing happened this week! Yaquelin got baptized last week, and this week we started teaching her little brother, Emerson. He was always around when we were teaching Yaquelin, but whenever we invited him to listen, he didn´t show too much interest. But then we went to visit Yaquelin one day and taught her a small lesson, and he decided to join us! Apparently whenever we taught Yaquelin, he was in the other room listening the whole time! So he already knows EVERYTHING, he told us he knew the Book of Mormon and this church was true, and now he has a baptismal date for this Saturday. Woot woot!

Haha so that was cool. One more cool experience from the week! We taught Emerson The Plan of Salvation, and I had a really great experience with the Spirit. We got to talking about the Atonement, and I was about to share John3:16, one of my favorite scriptures that I almost always share when we talk about the Atonement. But all of a sudden, I just couldn´t share it. The scripture reference completely left my mind, and I just couldn´t get myself to speak. I felt really dumb at first, but then my companion asked Emerson how he felt. He said he felt really good, and in that moment my companion invited Emerson to be baptized, and he accepted. Although it was kind of weird, I know the Spirit stopped me from talking because that was the moment that Emerson needed to be invited to baptism. The Holy Ghost is REAL peeps!

Well, that´s all for this week! Thank you all for your love and support. Have a great week!


-Elder Thomas

Some pictures for you guys...

With Elder Keck 

With Elder Peralta

With Elder Urbina

My comp's girl back home, LOL

Super cool bird



No comments:

Post a Comment