Tuesday, August 1, 2017

New Comp and Many Investigators

Hi everyone!

First off, I´d just like to apologize for not writing last week! We got a little but too caught up in our P-Day activity...haha but I´ll make up for it this week!

Well, I was in such a hurry last week that I didn´t even tell you that I have a new companion! Haha Elder Santamaria had emergency transfers...I was a little sad because we got along pretty well and we´d only had two weeks together, but that´s alright! My new companion is super cool. His name is Elder Heath, and he´s from North Carolina! It´s a bit different to have a gringo companion who´s not from the western side of the States, so that´s cool! We get along well!

Unfortunately, Jenner did not get baptized...and it doesn´t look like he will be anytime soon. He lives with his mother, who was all in favor of him getting baptized. But when his dad found out he reacted rather angrily. So it looks like he won´t be getting baptized nor going to church for a while. But I know he will become a great man one day once he´s old enough to make his own decisions!

I´m not sure if I´ve mentioned them in past emails, but we have two investigators that have baptismal dates for next week! They are a mother and daughter named Lucrecia and Cecilia. They are so awesome! Lucrecia is very firm in her decision to go to church, and we´re really  happy about that. She´s had so many people tell her lies about the church and try to get her not to go, but it hardly phases her! We´re super excited for their baptisms next week.

The zone and the mission are also doing really well. We had 119 baptisms as a mission in the month of July! That´s way more than we´ve had in a while, so we´re all pretty excited about that.

God loves you all! And I love you all too!

-Elder Thomas



 My new companion Elder Heath and I!


Some pics from P-day a couple of weeks ago









No comments:

Post a Comment