Monday, August 14, 2017

A baptism, a wedding, and a new assignment

Hi everyone!

This week has been pretty fantastic. We´ve been able to see many fruits of our labors, and it makes me so happy to see these people changing their lives!

Lucrecia got baptized! She´s so awesome. She finally got back from her travels, and she thankfully still had the desire to be baptized. I´m so impressed by her! She has had a TON of people talk badly to her about the church and has had many trials since we´ve been teaching her, but despite all that she´s continued going to church and working towards baptism. I know she will be a fantastic member in the church.

Wilmer and Jackeline also got married yesterday! It was super tender. Wilmer is the only child of his mother that is not baptized, so she was pretty emotional yesterday seeing him get married and knowing that he´ll be baptized this Saturday. The lawyer had them express their feelings to each other before they signed the act, and Wilmer NAILED IT. Haha it was super tender. I´m super excited for them to get baptized this Saturday.

And lastly...I have transfers! Looks like I will be spending the last two transfers of my mission as Assistant to the President. My companion will be Elder Díaz. He´s a great friend of mine who I met in the airport heading into the MTC! We go home together, so it´s going to be super fun being his companion. I´m super excited for this opportunity and assignment that the Lord has given me, and I´m ready to give it my all these last few months!

I love you all tons! Have a fantastic week!

-Elder Thomas

PS from mom. A little portion from Dylan's email to me after I told him how proud I was of him:

Thanks for the kind words Mom. I´ve learned a lot in the mission. There are days where I feel like I haven´t changed at all, and others where I feel like I look in the mirror and don´t even recognize myself. Haha but I´m going to learn even more in the time that I have left I´m sure!


PICTURES!


1. Lucrecia´s baptism

                  2. Wilmer NAILING IT.


3. & 4. Signing the act!




5. The cute couple. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment