Tuesday, July 11, 2017

New Comp

Hello everyone!

This week was pretty great! First things first, I have a new companion! His name is Elder Santamaria. He´s super awesome! He´s from Puebla, Mexico, and he has about a year in the mission. He´s an awesome missionary, and we get along super well already. Looks like it´s going to be a pretty fun transfer!

This week went by pretty fast. With transfers, a few meetings, and helping out some other areas in the zone, the days just flew by. To be completely honest, we didn´t have a whole ton of time to dedicate to proselyte in our area this week. But even so, God provided miracles for us!

This Sunday, we had a quite a miracle! There´s a recent convert in the ward named Ivan who is super solid. He´s only been baptized for about three or four months, and he´s already doing missionary work! He brought his friend Sergio to church on Sunday, and my companion and I went to his house to teach him that same night. Turns out that this guy is super awesome and has a lot of desire to learn about the gospel. He even accepted a baptismal date for July 29th! WOOHOO! So that was a giant miracle. I love how if we don´t really have a ton of time to go look for the people that God has prepared for us, He brings them to us!

I love being a missionary. I want you all to know that I know without a doubt that this is God´s church. Jesus Christ is at the head of it, and He is involved in every part of this great work. I´ve seen His hand influencing me as well as the people I´ve taught in many occasions throughout my mission, and I´m so excited to continue seeing it in these next few months. I love this work!

And I love all of you! Have an awesome week!

-Elder Thomas



The district!

In case you were wondering what a Mexican hipster looks like, behold, my companion. Haha! :)



I don´t look quite as good in these as my companion does...but hey, I try



No comments:

Post a Comment