Monday, January 23, 2017

Some Exciting Things :)

Hi everyone!

This week was pretty great! It was transfer week, and everything went well there. We have two new Assistants to the President. They are Elder Zapata and Elder Sanchez (not my trainer, but another one). They´re super awesome though and I´m really excited for them to be here in the office a little bit with us! I think I´ll learn a lot from them!

So with this transfer, I practically became the elder who´s been in the office the longest! Haha that´s weird. I feel like I just got here! Time goes by so fast.

This week we spent a lot of time in the office...but it was still good, and we did get pretty blessed in our area as well. We were able to spend all day Sunday there and we found some great new investigators, which were very positive and we´re very excited to continue teaching them. The bishop´s wife also brought a friend to church that just moved here from Guatemala City, and she seems really cool! She´s an older lady named Esperanza. We went with a few other missionaries to do some service at her house this morning, and it was a ton of fun! We´re going to start teaching her this Wednesday, and we have pretty high hopes for her!

Some exciting news! We just found out that the apostle Elder Rasband is going to visit us on February 18th! :D So that´s exciting. We´re going to have a big mission conference in Xela combined with the Guatemala Quetzaltenango Mission. So I hope to see some friends I made in the MTC while we´re there as well! So that´ll be exciting. I told Sister Goodman that if he doesn´t have a translator, I´m totally down to help out. ;) Haha.

We also have a missionary broadcast this Wednesday! We´re going to hear from a few general authorities, and apparently we´ll also learn about some changes that are going to be made to our missionary schedule. So we´ll see how that goes!

That´s all for this week! I´m being bad at taking pictures again, and I don´t have my camera with me...but more pictures next week! If I remember! ;)

I love you all!

-Elder Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment