Monday, July 11, 2016

I love my life

Hey family and friends!

This week was SOOO great! I don´t know why, but lately I´ve been feeling the Spirit more and more throughout the day than I have in the past. But it´s such a great feeling!

This week we met our new mission president and his wife! President Goodman is AMAZING. As soon as he walked in the room, it was almost like you could see the Spirit glowing inside of him. He´s one of the most loving people I´ve ever met, and he´s so great! Since I´m here as branch president, he gave me a special priesthood blessing. I know he was inspired, because everything he said in the blessing addressed a doubt I had about my calling. So he´s fantastic! His wife as well is pretty amazing. The poor thing doesn´t speak a lick of Spanish, but she´s so sweet, and makes DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies. She said she´s going to make them every time she comes to visit, so that´ll be nice to have a taste of America every once in a while. :)

This Sunday was awesome! SO many members came to me and expressed their desires to help us in make the branch grow. Right now, we´re focusing on getting as many people as we can to come to a district conference we´re going to have in two weeks, where the Area Seventy is going to come! So this Sunday we assigned inactive families for every active member to go visit and invite/bring to the conference. Everyone was so willing to help, it was awesome! And for the first time since I´ve been here, we were able to have all three hours of church!!! :D That made me so happy, since I´ve been trying to get that to happen since I´ve been here. But I´m seeing so much growth in the branch, and I think the members are starting to catch the vision of their potential as well!

Our investigators are doing good! None of them have accepted a baptismal date yet, but they´re all reading and praying and I know soon that they´ll make the decision to be baptized! So pray for them!

I love it so much here! I´m so grateful to Heavenly Father for the opportunity that he´s given me to be here and serve in this branch. It´s been the best part of my mission so far, and I never want to leave! :D

I love you all! Have a great week!

-Elder Thomas


Cool waterfall from last P-Day! Awesome zoomed in picture



Pic with some mission buds! I didn´t fit, hence the reason why I´m in an awkward squatting position.

We got invited to a quinceñera for a girl in the branch! We decided to buy a little gift and just go drop it off, because we both felt weird attending. Probably the most awkward ten minutes of my whole mission, but whatever.


Thanks Mom... :3

My companion also enjoyed his first Mac and Cheese experience. :)

Selfie with my Mac and Cheese. Woot!



No comments:

Post a Comment