Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I love letters!





Hola everybody! Another good week here at the MTC. I´m learning so so so much every day, it´s insane! It´s so hard, but so fun too.

The MTC is super empty right now. There are only about 35 missionaries here! It´s super weird, but we´re getting about a hundred more Latinos today, so that should make things a little more fun! My companion and I are getting two Latino roommates, so we´ll see how that goes! Haha hopefully we´ve learned enough Spanish to communicate!




So umm last week my companion got six letters and I didn´t get any...which made me super jealous...so yáll should start writing. ;) haha JK. But seriously. I love letters, so if any of you are super bored one day, feel free to write! :)

The highlight of the week was Saturday when we got to leave the MTC to go place Books of Mormon! So for the first time I got to preach the gospel to real people! Haha it was so fun. The first two people we talked to were already members, then we got rejected twice, but after that we finally placed one to a nice old lady named Maria! So that was super fun. I just really want to get out and teach real people! I can´t wait until I get to do that in two weeks.

We watched a devotional by Elder Bednar about Christ. He talked about how Christ always turned to help others even during the times in His life when He was having the most afflictions. I realized that I need to work on turning to others a lot rather than always thinking about myself. As I do that, by some miracle, my own burdens seem lesser! I promise you all if you do that you will find more happiness than selfishness could ever bring!

I really just love teaching this gospel. I can´t WAIT to get out into the field and share the happiness that this gospel can bring. If any of you ever have a chance to share the gospel, DO IT. It will make you so incredibly happy. I promise!

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and support!

-Elder Thomas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment