Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I love it here!







Hi everyone! I love the MTC SO MUCH!!! There aren´t so many things to say because the days aren´t all that different, but it´s super great!

Sunday was great! Our district was asked to sing in sacrament meeting. So I came up with a simple arrangement of Nearer My God to Thee, and we sounded pretty awesome! It was so fun. It made me feel like a high school choir section leader again. :)

Sooo you might be thinking, since they called me up to give a talk in sacrament meeting last week, there´s no way they called me up this week. But wait. THEY DID. So I´ve officially given two talks in Spanish and I´ve only been here three weeks! That literally never happens. But I´m pretty much guaranteed to be off the hook for the rest of my time in CCM, so that´s pretty nice.

I really love it so much here. I feel like I´m learning so much already, and I already feel like I´ve grown so much. I´ve made so many friends, and I feel so close to the Spirit. It´s wonderful!






Also, there may or may not be a picture of me and my district and another district in the upcoming Liahona or Ensign! I don´t know if that´s true, but keep your eyes open for that!

I just want to share my testimony with all of you. I´ve learned so much about the Atonement of Jesus Christ since I´ve been here. He loves us all so much that He gave everything for us, even though we´re all so undeserving of His love. I´m amazed every day at the sacrifice He made for me. During a talk by Elder Holland we watched he said something along the lines of this: "I´ve always wondered why missions have to be so hard. The only reason I can think of of why missions aren´t easy is because there wasn´t a single easy moment in the Atonement of the Savior."

That´s been on my mind a lot lately, and it´s strengthened my testimony a ton. Elder Holland also told missionaries that we´re probably by far the most prayed for people in the church. Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. You´re all amazing! I love you all!

The Church is true!

-Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment