Monday, March 21, 2016

Beginning of Rainy Season

What's up everybody!

A pretty good week here in Guatemala! We´re starting to get into the rainy season...so in the five minute walk to the Internet café, I look like I just got out of a swimming pool. Haha so these next few months should be fun with that!

We didn´t have any baptisms this week, but we have two investigators that are ready to get baptized this Saturday! One is a 14-year-old boy named Bryan, and he´s super awesome. He´s super excited about getting baptized, and super ready. He actually told us the date he wanted to get baptized before we even invited him! So that was pretty awesome. The other is named Justo. He´s 47 years old, and super nice. He was being taught by missionaries about two years ago, but never did make the decision to be baptized. It was awesome to find someone who had been prepared since before we even got here, and be able to see how God prepared him for us through other missionaries. So that´s awesome!

One thing that´s kind of a bummer...you guys probably don´t remember, but with my first companion we baptized a couple named Yonatan and Kiary. They were a couple super prepared, and we were sure that Yonatan was going to be a future bishop or something. SUPER prepared. But all of a sudden, his work got super crazy and started making him work a ridiculous work schedule. He works literally all the time, with a two-hour break to go home and rest every TWO DAYS. So he´s literally working his life away. Obviously with a schedule like that, he can´t come to church. His wife doesn´t want to come to church without him, so they´ve gone inactive. :( It´s really sad to see such a strong, faithful couple that we taught stop going to church. So pray really super hard for them!

Today was a really awesome P-Day! Our mission president decided to take us to Xetulul, a theme park here in Guatemala. It wasn´t much compared to the theme parks in the U.S., but it was still pretty fun! So good day today!

I feel like my email might be a little lame this week...but other than that stuff, this week was pretty ordinary! This week is Holy Week here in Latino America, and I´ve heard that the celebrations and parades in the street get pretty crazy. So I´ll try to snap some good pictures of that! We also have transfers next Wednesday, and I will have about four months here in the area, so it´s kind of 50-50 if I stay or if I get transferred. So I´m excited to find out about that!

Thanks for all of your love and support! I love you all!

-Elder Thomas :)

Here are some pics of Xetulul theme park


My companion and I at Xetulul! Photo bomb credit to Elder Peralta. :)


A cool jaguar
With Elder Diaz



My companion caught a frog



No comments:

Post a Comment